Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Springtime in the South.

I truly am a Southern girl at heart because one of my most favorite parts of Spring is watching the azaleas bloom and come to life. Everywhere I look, the beautiful blooms standout out in vibrant displays that demand my attention. And I love them all…the wild ones found in random places like wooded areas or abandoned houses, the perfectly manicured ones, and the ones deemed out of control by homeowners. All are unique in their own special way. But moreover, it is amazing how these beautiful blooms harbor the most wonderful childhood memories for me. My grandparent’s home was practically encased with large azalea bushes that provided endless hide and seek spots, abundant butterflies to chase, and countless flowers to pick for my Mother.

Aside from my nostalgic preferences, azaleas happen to be one of the key essentials for a traditional southern landscape. And like all components of your landscape you want to make sure they are taken care of properly by making sure they are pruned and fertilized timely. And now just as the blooms are starting to fade and take a beating from all those April showers. Now, is the appropriate time to start scheduled maintenance on these plants. Click on the link below to watch Southern Living’s The Grumpy Gardner as he gives his seasoned advice on how to keep your azaleas looking great year round.


Until next time, take a moment to observe the beauty around you because you never know what memory will arise.



#thelandscaperswife

1 comment:

  1. Really charming post! Thanks for giving such great examples in this post.
    landscaper Novato

    ReplyDelete